Heart-Centered Humans for Animals' Rights and Protection
"Factory farms and slaughterhouses affect the health of marginalized and low-income communities, as their facilities are located in the areas where these people live."
"Swine CAFOs [Confined Animal Feeding Operations] are located disproportionately in communities
of ethnic minorities and regions
"Water pollution is another major factor for those living in agricultural areas where the residents “rely on ground-water from community wells that are often contaminated with pesticides, animal waste and fertilizer byproducts.” 
"It is not uncommon for nitrate, a
chemical found in both animal manure and nitrogen-based fertilizer, to pass through the soil and contaminate local groundwater."
"Runoff from factory farms — containing a wide range of pathogens, antibiotics, and other toxic chemicals — can permeate aquifers and contaminate surrounding groundwater sources. Viruses are transmitted from the workers in these facilities to their families and communities."
"Undocumented workers in meatpacking facilities and factory farms are often less willing to participate in health programs for fear of legal consequences."
Boy and Missionary
and Sustainability Challenges 7.3 Billion People in the world
as of March 2016
As world populations increase, resources for energy, food, and products will need to be judiciously delegated. Animal agriculture requires many more times the resources and energy than it provides.
We also need to lower our energy needs in order to soften our ecological impact.
United Nations Calls
for a Move To Plant-Based Diet
Report p.8 / pdf p.10
"Reducing excessive consumption provides high untapped potentials for “saving” land, notably by reducing food waste and losses, shifting to more vegetal diets in high meat-consuming countries, and improving the fuel efficiency of transport and housing."
Boy and Missionary
1. brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/v/victor_hugo. html#L1Irh9U3eVDRotcS.99
2. Scarcity vs. Distribution. A Well-Fed World. http://awfw.org/scarcity-vs-distribution
3. Environmental Racism, Food Empowerment Project. www.foodispower.org/environmental-racism
4. Maria C. Mirabelli, Steve Wing, Stephen W. Marshall, and Timothy C. Wilcosky, “Race, Poverty, and Potential Exposure of Middle-School Students to Air Emissions from Confined Swine Feeding Operations,” n.d., www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ articles/PMC1440786 (12/04/2010)
5. (3.) Environmental Racism, Food Empowerment Project.
6. San Joaquin Valley residents express their concern over drinking water contamination,
Eyal Matalon, El Tecolote, June 2010. http://eltecolote.org/content/2010/06/san-joaquin-valley-residents-express-their-concern-over-drinking-water-contamination (12/12/2010)
7. Putting Meat on the Table: Industrial Farm Animal Production in America. Pew Commission on Industrial Farm Animal Production, April 2008. www.ncifap.org (12/10/2010)
8. 13. Hicks, J. M., (2011). U. N. urges global move to meat and dairy-free diet. Healthy Eating. Healthy World. http://hpjmh.com/2011/ 07/31/u-n-urges-global-move-to-meat-and-dairy-free-diet
9. Wollen, P. (2012). Wheeler Center, Australia. www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQCe4qEexjc
"There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come."1 –Victor Hugo
SECTION HEADS ARE ALSO LINKS TO PAGES
“Poor countries sell their grain to the West while their own children starve in their arms, and the West feeds it to livestock.
So we can eat a steak?
Am I the only one who
sees this as a crime?
Every morsel of meat
we eat is slapping the
tear-stained face of
a hungry child.”
– Philip Wollen,
Winsome Constance Kindness Trust
"Eating 1,000 calories of meat can easily use more than 7,000 calories in plant-based foods, plus the associated use of natural resources.
"By using more than their 'fair share,' animal-based foods are a form of redistribution that exacerbate food scarcity, especially in low-income countries."
"There are obvious differences in the amount of food consumed in low-, middle- and high-income countries, but the quantity in terms of calories consumed is less important than the type of food. When the “true caloric’ values are calculated that include the use of animal feed, the disparities are shockingly large."
"Food Empowerment Project seeks
to create a more just and sustainable world by recognizing the power of one’s food choices."
"A shift by the global food industry to promote plant-based foods is needed to ensure food and water security."8
– J. Morris Hicks,
U. N. Environment Programs
Report, June 2010